Optimal screen size for TV

Ciao vorrei che l'app abbia le stesse dimensioni sia sul telefono che sulla TV.

Hi I would like the app to be the same size on both phone and TV.

Sulla TV esce così
It looks like this on TV

Sul telefono così, io vorrei uscisse la stessa schermata. Grazie
On the phone like this, I would like the same screen to come out. Thank you

Cast the phone screen, not the app ?

How are you displaying the app on a TV screen ?

No installo l'apk sulla firestick e la uso sullo schermo della tv.

No, I install the apk on the firestick and use it on the TV screen.

Try designing your app in fixed Landscape....

Ho provato ma non va, le immagini sembrano schiacciate.
I tried but it doesn't work, the images look squashed.

Try googling:

https://www.google.com/search?q=firestick+android+app+sizing&oq=firestick+android+app+sizing&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3.9503j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Scusa se importuno sempre te, ma ho provato in Mille modi, in pratica vorrei che, l'apk creato lo installo sulla firestick e abbia una visualizzazione ottimale sullo schermo della tv, purtroppo non riesco a trovare i settaggi adatti.

Tranquillo, solo che sono alle prese con un problema di matematica (su un'app :-)) e posso dedicare poco tempo al resto....
Veniamo a noi: non è detto che funzioni, ma prova a mettere come dimensioni dello schermo (in design mode) PC, poi Landscape (così va in orizzontale) e "Responsive". Come ti dicevo, non garantisco, perché io al massimo ho fatto girare le app su tablet da 10".
Piuttosto apri un altro topic (ma scrivi in inglese :slight_smile: ).
Ciao ciao !

Grazie caro si già avevo scritto un altro post e scritto in inglese ma non riesco a trovare una soluzione, se metto landscape mi va in orizzontale e le immagini diventano Grandi hahaha un rebus sto provando tutte le opzioni possibili. Ciao

Beh, allora proviamo questa : se sai le dimensioni in pixel del TV puoi impostare il numero di pixel per lo Screen1 uguali a quelli del TV, poi i vari Horizontal e Vertical arrangement li metti in "FillParent"
(anche questa è inventata sul momento...) :slight_smile:

Dear @TIMAI2,
thanks a lot for your help !!!

BTW, if we suggest @Luiio to set the display of the webviewer in Desktop mode ? Could it improve the H/V ratio ?

Best, Ugo.

Having watched the first link youtube video in the google search I put up above, it looks like you have to install a helper app on Firestick to handle the orientation of the apk, or something similar.

The OP could have searched for that instead of spamming the community, after having been told there is nothing on the community about firestick (which sort of indicates that no-one knows the answer...)

Ciao caro, ti volevo aggiornare, dopo mille smadonnamenti hahaha che già sai, ho riprovato, ho creato un app mettendo solo webview inserito la URL e ho messo schermo responsive senza arrangiamenti verticali orizzontali, ho tolto la spunta su scrollable e ora mi apre lo streaming in piena pagina hahahhaa però è abbastanza semplice poi vedo come mi avevi detto a mettere lo splash screen solo credo ho bisogno della customwebview? Giusto? comunque in ogni caso al momento pare ho risolto. Grazie mille per le tante info che mi hai dato.

Hello dear, I just wanted to update after a thousand smadonnamenti hahaha you already know, I tried again, I have created an app by putting only the webview entered the URL and I put the screen responsive without arrangements vertical horizontal, I removed the check mark on scrollable and now I open the stream in full-page hahahhaa, however, is quite simple then I see how you told me to put the splash screen only, I think I need customwebview? Right? however, in each case, at the moment seems to have fixed it. Thank you so much for the many info that you have given me.

Dear @Luiio ,
thanks for your followup. Glad of having been of some help.
As far as your questions on CustomWebView is concerned, I've learnt from another topic solved by @TIMAI2, that, among other features, it allows to set the User Agent, or to modify it, and this is what enables your app to get into the credentials input form of Google (for example).
:wave:

Dear, I mean the splash screen now that I see how to insert the clock, with calm I try to understand and read something. Have a good day

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.