Open Source β€’ Background Tasks: Itoo πŸš€

so i have a game where you have shop and i can change shop from a different app with clouddb. I want to do when clouddb data changed then send notification but in background. I downloaded itoo but i dont know how to check if the data changed

1 Like

can anyone provide me with an apk file with a working notification for a test? the extension does not work on both my phones (samsung a10 and redmi 7a phones)
my blocks
2023-04-06_14-13-48

1 Like

it helps to read the thread carefully...

also as already mentioned

Btw. in the background there is no user interface, do not use textboxes or labels…

Taifun

1 Like

Please consider posting the Blocks for your solution @Hareesh_Sarma. It will help others that are attempting to use this extension. Every example helps others. :astonished:

1 Like

As I said, it only works when the application is open. But if you close the application, then there is no notification. exactly the same with your extension TaifunAlarmManager if the application is closed does not work (checked with your apk file)

2023-04-06_19-33-25

1 Like

You are using an old version from December 2021, The extension was updated several times meanwhile, see also here. You should use the latest version as of November 2022, which is SDK31 compatible. You can find it in the download folder.

Taifun

1 Like

Concerning your screenshot of your tests with the itoo extension: make sure to use tke latest version of the Notification Style extension... that extension also needed a SDK31 Update...

Taifun

1 Like

You have to add a little 'x' as an argument to the procedure 'doBackgroundWork'.
Also since you use redmi device, make sure to turn on autostart permission in the settings app.

And also to remember a point is, as Taifun said, do not use any user-interfaces components with the extension, when the app is active, it may work normally, but when it is in background, it will fail to re-create components thus resulting in the service crashing.

what im missing in my blocks?

i want to do when data in clouddb changed then send notification

1 Like

As a start:

In your case the CheckShopNotif method

Taifun

1 Like

still not working :frowning:

Have you made sure that the NotificationStyle extension is working properly? Also, you are not using the current version of the extension. Now there is no "when" block.

I tied the new version but it hasn't got blocks like initialize or initialize periodic and I don't know how to do with these

Now you have block RegisterEvent and CreateTask. In first topic you have blocks example.

1 Like

Try:

This:

or this:

and:

1 Like

Thank you so much

what did i wrong? beacuse its not working

1 Like

Have you also tried CreateProcess? Or "restart" set on False. If these things don't work, then you have to wait for the @Kumaraswamy response.

MajkerDaskSklep component is not used before registering the event thus the extension does not recognize it, you can use eval result block with the just MajkerDaskSklep block.