Off-Screen Buttons or other User Interface Tools

When adding Buttons to a horizontal slider, they can go off screen, in which you cant scroll left or right to access them anymore, is there a way to see them all in the very long slider? If not, i would like to see a feature where you can see the screen slider fully, rather than having it cut off.

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 1.58.38 PM

1 Like

Depending on what you mean by “horizontal slider” instead of placing the buttons in a HorizontalArrangement, place the buttons in a HorizontalScrollArrangement .

scroll arrangement

Or are you talking about something else Joshua?

If using a horizontal scrolling arrangement, some planning is usually needed. Put the components in in reverse order, or switch the view in designer to landscape or screen width

This is a solution. However, what do I do when I need to edit a component that I now cannot see? The lack of horizontal scrolling seems to be unreasonably limiting and forces the designer to be extremely creative with how they design. I am a beginner FYI.

You can select any component in the designer pane on the right, to edit any of the properties, then view the result in your emulator of choice. It is not perfect, but it is what it is, and better than not having scrolling arrangements at all!

Yes, but now I can no longer edit the arrangement. I am sure that there is a very good reason for why this functionality does not exist. I guess I will just have to change my layout somehow that will be user friendly and easy to maintain. Thanks.

When you have too many interface components to show all at once, separate them out into separate Arrangements, and show (Visible=true) only one at a time. Some people call that Virtual Screens. Here is a sample …

??? what do you mean?

and as above, you can make the components at the "front" of the scrolling arrangement invisible in order to "see" the later ones, when developing

I see that now. That is not intuitive to a beginner at all. The property visible means something completely different to me. But it works. Thanks.

However, scrolling vertically in the Viewer can be performed now. Please someone explain why Horizontal scrolling in the Viewer is not possible/not currently under development?