Notifier question

Is it possible to treat a notiification of a notifier as a true or false result?
I use one notifier for different informations.As soon as a notifier event occurs I want to use it as a true or false event no matter what the the message will be.
Not sure if I made myself clear - please check the block picture.
"Input_Error" is the name of the notifier.The code inside the if block is NEVER executed no matter it the event would be true or false.

thanks for any help

You want to set a Notifier to false?

Not possible. There isn's a way to set a Notifier Property to false.

What you can do is here > Notifier

"You want to set a Notifier to false?"
Not really.I just wanted to be informed that a notfier event happened - no matter where the notifier came from.
OK - I see I will have to include several if-blocks(or whatever) in my code after each single notifier event.It would have been much easier for me to be just iformed via code of a notfier event - no matter what the text shown would have been.
I was wondering why it was possible built up a block like like mine in the example anyway - this should have been avoided by the App inventor as they do it in other cases.
Thanks for your input

Do you mean "the Notifier" (component) or a Notification (that you see in the status bar)?

The component - like in the block picture I posted
It was a stupid question from me anyway.I wasn't thinking much.I just created the block and was surprised that is was possible at all.I thought as soon as I would place the notifier inside the logic block App Inventor would simply refuse to accept my move.But it didn't....
Well you can't have it all.
thanks - any input from you and others are welcome even if it means to expose my stupdity. :wink:

I do not see a notifier, or reference to it in your blocks....(maybe I am being dense....)

You can set a variable of the output from a notifier (choose dialog) to true or false....

If someone is dense than me.
I think I had a major misunderstanding of the "value" indicated by the red arrow in the attachment.I obviously thought this is a kind of a return value from the notifier procedure to tell me that the notifier was called.
I need to study the notifier properties more intensely...

Damned - forgot to upload the picture....

You said

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

That block just returns the runtime code name of the notifier component.

It doesn't matter anymore.I am about to write a different code.I had this crazy idea to maybe able to use my code to simplify something.When I came up with it I didn't really think much about what I was doing.....

Thanks for that info.
I am already writing my code in a different and "normal" way.....