Not one of standard directories

I now checked it also on one of my Android < 10 devices (Android 9) and the app crashes, if FileScope is set to Shared. This is another bug with the File component. So it must be set to Legacy (at least on devices with Android < 10).

2 Likes

now I´m getting this msg open failed: EACCES (Permission denied)

why i cant download the file to my phone, I need to download to ASD and them move the file to my phone ? do you have an extension that i can download directly to my phone?

paths are case sensitive... it is /Documents and not /documents
Taifun

I changed it... still with the same problem...

please provide a screenshot of your updated blocks...
also you might want to delete the pdf file in that directory in case it already exists

Taifun

Have you tried my APK before? If so, did it work?

I cant find the pdf thats the problem.. Im able to download and open the pdf but I cant find it on my phone....

yes i tried it but your apk does exatly the same thing... saves the pdf on ASD ... and im trying to save it on my phones memory ...

that is on kodular... its so easy to download ... why here on mit app inventor I need to download to ASD and then move to a internal memory ???

How about answering my question?

i did my friend :smile:

are you saying, now you do not get the error anymore?

did you check the Download and Documents directories?
if you can't find the file, probably moving the file from ASD to shared directory does not work then?
what does the MoveFile block return?
you can find it out using Do it...

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.