Not able to sign AAB file

Hi!
I want to upload my app to google play, but I'm not able to fix it . I have followed the tutorial found here: Tutorial for signing an AAB file

But I can't get it work. The tutorial says:

• Step 5: Copy the following code and paste it into the text editor:

java -jar Path to pepk.jar --keystore=Path to keystore --alias=Enter the alias here, usually applications built in App Inventor should have the alias: androidkey --output=The path to export the private key file (what needs to be uploaded to Play App Signing) It should be a zip file! --encryptionkey=Enter the sequel here (this is already entered in what you copied from the Play App Signing)

I have tried to find out how this should be done. I end up with something like this:

java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=android.keystore --alias=androidkey --output=output.zip --include-cert --rsa-aes-encryption --encryption-key-path=encryption_public_key.pem

android.keytore is downloaded from app inventor. encryption_public_key.pem is from google play console.

When I run this command in console I get the following:

Enter password for store 'android.keystore':
Enter password for key 'androidkey':
Error: Unable to export or encrypt the private key
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Cannot find any provider supporting RSA/NONE/OAEPWithSHA1AndMGF1Padding
at java.base/javax.crypto.Cipher.getInstance(Cipher.java:574)
at com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.encryptPrivateKeyWithCkmRsaAesKeyWrapEncryption(ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.java:284)
at com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.run(ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.java:213)
at com.google.wireless.android.vending.developer.signing.tools.extern.export.ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.main(ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool.java:165)

I have used android for both password for store 'android.keystore' and for password for key 'androidkey' as said in the toutorial.

Any suggestions?

Svein-Tore

Hi community!

I want to puplbish my app on goolge play. I have found out I have to sign the AAB filehand have followed this tutorial:

But when I try this I got the following error in console:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/google/wireless/android/vending/developer/signing/tools/extern/export/ExportEncryptedPrivateKeyTool has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(Unknown Source)

Any suggestions?

Svein-Tore

problem solved, installed jdk 11

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.