Not able to open a project

Hello,

One of my student is having difficulties opening his project. It was a pong game and he was working on adding some image sprites. Then overnight, he is not able to open the project, it just leads him to "report an error" screen.
Could you please let me know what we can try to recover the project?

Thank you!

Best,
Wan

Can you try to export the aia? If you have set App Inventor to autoload the latest project then you can use http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/?autoload=false.

Select the project that you are talking about and then select

Upload it here with the help of

Hello Wan

If possible, let us know exactly what any error message says. Also, please fill-in the "report an error" form, that goes directly to MIT and can help them trace a bug, if a bug is the issue.

Good Afternoon!

Thank you so much for the reply!
We've exported the project. Please see the attachment.

Please let me know if other information is needed.
Thank you!

Best,
Wan
pong_jason.aia (16.8 KB)

Good Afternoon!

Thank you so much for the reply!
Please see the attached screenshot of the error message.
We've also filled in the textbox. Please let us know if other information is needed.

Thank you,
Wan

Both the Screen and blocks appear to have been shot through with strings of 40 NUL bytes.

This project does not look recoverable.

I wonder how it found its way into AI2?

Of course it's possible :smiley:

@Wan_Huang try this one pong_jason.aia (16.8 KB)

3 Likes

You beat me to it. :+1: I was able to solve everything but one image. The blocks look the same.
pong_jason.aia (16.7 KB)

1 Like

Great however, you are missing some components..

True, i did a d i r t y fix :crazy_face: :grin:

1 Like

Question remains - how could the Project files get corrupted like that in the first place?

1 Like

@Wan_Huang Please DM me the account you used to create this project in App Inventor. I'd like to inspect the datastore directly to see if there's any indication as to if this could have been created by App Inventor or whether some other software might have corrupted the project.

1 Like