Network error on login

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that accessing the site is very slow - waiting up 10 mins just to log in. Today, I’ve tried multiple times, and get only network errors. My internet connection is fine, I’m accessing other sites, and they are working perfectly. It’s becoming really really difficult to use, and, as I teach it, also very embarrassing. Is there any information on this?

Ken

Hello Ken

1. What Browser are you using?
  2. Is App Inventor the Only site used or is it competing for broadband with other sites and other Users on the same network?
  3. When you say you are teaching, do you mean this is issue is in a classroom environment?
  1. What do the error messages say?

Hi Chris

1. What Browser are you using?

Chrome, Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1. Is App Inventor the Only site used or is it competing for broadband with other sites and other Users on the same network?

Almost only the AI site - when I open the browser, it is the only thing running, and I have a gmail and schoology pinned tab. These load automatically, quickly. And then I try AI, and the trouble starts.

1. When you say you are teaching, do you mean this is issue is in a classroom environment?

No, I’m teaching a small group of students in an office, using a direct Ethernet. Currently, I’m in the office alone, and having the problem. I get the same problems when I’m working in my office. All other sites (including these boards) function perfectly. It’s only AI.

1. What do the error messages say?
    The problems will vary.
    Mostly, it just takes time (several minutes). So it tries to load, I see the activity in the bar at the bottom of the screen, and then it just stops. Refreshing tries again, and then might just stick on “Waiting for ai2…” for several minutes. Then, sometimes, I get the standard Network error page.

Once I’m in, it’s ok, although I also occasionally (e.g. about once an hour) get file saving errors. Sometimes I just wait and it works after a few minutes. Other times it freezes, I have to return to the list of projects, and then find I’ve lost some changes.

I will also try from other parts of the building and use a mobile hotspot (It’s always possible that there is something quirky on our network, especially as no-one else on these lists appears to be reporting problems).