Need help - interactive map

Hello, I am new here. I am trying to work on a project of an interactive map, where the users will be able to post announcements with a pin location and receive responses.
I searched for templates or similar opensources but I didn’t succeed. Is there anybody to guide me?
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to App Inventor.

What have you done so far?

To allow users to interact in real time you will probably store data in a CloudDB, FirebaseDB or a Google Spreadsheet stored on your Google Drive and use these databases in conjunction with the MIT Map control or by using a Static Map with Google's Map API..

You did not find Social Distancing ... a CloudDB / Location Marker Tutorial which is similar to 'post announcements with a pin location and receive responses.' or How to: A Family Chat app built with the MIT CloudDB component which is live communication but without a map and does part of what you say you want to do.

and also how to click on Markers and get information ( see National Parks tutorial) and How can I select markers created on the map?.

..and an introduction to using information from a GoogleSheet is provide in the discussion Retrieve location specific Phone Numbers (or other data) from an appropriate Google Spreadsheet.

Good luck.

Regards,
Steve

1 Like

Thank you very much for your Kind response! I started with the basic design and tried to get familiar with the design and blocks environment.
I will check the proposed templates and I believe they will be found useful!
Thanks again!

1 Like