[Need Guide]How do I upload it to appspot?

Hi Everyone, :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::pray:

Glad to hear that, Mit App Inventor has a new community forum. :heart_eyes::star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I need to learn how to test App Inventor after successfully building it online. :grin:

How do I upload it to appspot? :thinking:

Maybe easy-to-understand tutorial will really help me and more to develop appinventor.

thanks. :pray:
Regards
kangris

1 Like

Welcome @kangris,

I changed your category to Open Source Development.

Thank you sir @Peter:pray:
Can you guide me :joy:

Welcome @kangris

If you’re using the Google App Engine SDK and its bin directory is on your PATH, from the appinventor directory after compiling you can run:

appcfg.sh -A <your-project-id> -V 1 update appengine/build/war

If you’re using the Google Cloud SDK, you should run the following:

gcloud app deploy appengine/build/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml --project=<your-project-id> -v 1
2 Likes

Thanks sir @ewpatton is look easy :slightly_smiling_face:

I will try…

I have try sir @ewpatton @Peter but get this error ?

ErrorBash

Reading application configuration data…
Beginning interaction for module default…
0% Created staging directory at: β€˜C:\Users\kangris\AppData\Local\Temp\appcfg6048957891360536888.tmp’
5% Scanning for jsp files.
8% Compiling jsp files.
Sep 20, 2019 10:08:44 AM org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner scanJars
INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
Sep 20, 2019 10:08:47 AM org.apache.jasper.JspC processFile
INFO: Built File: \login.jsp

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
Unable to update app: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
Please see the logs [C:\Users\kangris\AppData\Local\Temp\appcfg4066866253082089672.log] for further information.

Log

Unable to update:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.compileJspJavaFiles(Application.java:1306)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.compileJsps(Application.java:1282)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.populateStagingDirectory(Application.java:995)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.createStagingDirectory(Application.java:854)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:578)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:65)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg$UpdateAction.execute(AppCfg.java:1544)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.executeAction(AppCfg.java:388)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.(AppCfg.java:211)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.(AppCfg.java:118)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:114)
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AdminException: Unable to update app: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:586)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update(AppAdminImpl.java:65)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg$UpdateAction.execute(AppCfg.java:1544)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.executeAction(AppCfg.java:388)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.(AppCfg.java:211)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.(AppCfg.java:118)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:114)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.compileJspJavaFiles(Application.java:1306)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.compileJsps(Application.java:1282)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.populateStagingDirectory(Application.java:995)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.createStagingDirectory(Application.java:854)
at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.doUpdate(AppAdminImpl.java:578)
… 6 more

Why,but i used JDK 8 ?

What is the value of your JAVA_HOME environment variable?

Im set β€œC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221” sir @ewpatton

Did it solved

@kangris did it done

@Parth_Parmar Not yet … :pensive:

@kangris After typing your error into google I found this thread. You might want to take a look at this and see if any of the answers solve your issue. Also, do not forget that if you find the solution to add it to this topic as it will help future developers that have the same problem.

2 Likes

I also get the same error . So, I also want Solution. Is there anyone who finds any solution ??
@kangris Do you find any Solution ??

I seen this but still don't have any solution.

I Updated my JDK to 1.8.0_281 but it still won't work and also, Mention in JAVA_HOME variable