Navigation with dropdown search bar

Is it possible to make a dropdown/spinner search bar similar to Google Maps? Do I have to really input all the places in a particular area in a list?

what about elaborating on that error then?
what did you try? any screenshot of your relevant blocks?
see also

Taifun
PS: I removed the word "Urgent" from your subject.. this is not how this community works... actually this is annoying...

1 Like

I am incredibly sorry for that, my team is just pressured with the timeline and submission in two days. I sincerely apologize for causing annoyance to the community, I will make sure not to type [Urgent] again.

Here is my main question:

"Is it possible to make a dropdown/spinner search bar similar to Google Maps? Do I have to input all the places in a particular area in a list?"

PS: I will make a separate topic for my navigation error

Thank you

Please elaborate as to what exactly you want to achieve. Do you want to load a list of predetermined locations, and select a location through a spinner, which will display the corresponding location on the map?

What does this search bar look like in Google Maps?
App Inventor does not have a dropdown MENU using block but it does have a Spinner control.

Actually you only need to provide the 'places' in a List or as separate items in your Spinner.

Navigation? Using the MIT Maps Navigation tool or the Google Maps api; Directions api?

1 Like

Yes, that one

The MIT Maps Navigation tool. I am using the OpenRouteService API key, as per your Navigation Tutorial. Would it be possible to load a list of predetermined locations, and select a location through a spinner, which will display the corresponding location on the map?

I just wanted to ask if I have to manually enter the predetermined locations, or if there is a way that my search bar (text box for inputting destination) can provide that list as a dropdown through the API itself.

For example in Google Maps, If I enter the letters "Mar" the list appears as words with "Mar" in it such that the list gets updated to "Market", "Marysville", "Lloret de Mar", etc.

Yes. You would 'load' a csv file of locations to the Spinner using Spinner.ElementsFromString*
to set the list of choices from a string of comma-separated values

You have to manually enter locations in a List ; only then can you use Filter/List
you can use the Filter to work like 'If I enter the letters "Mar" the list appears as words with "Mar" in it such that the list gets updated to "Market", "Marysville", "Lloret de Mar", etc.'

I don't know. Using the Navigate tool you cannot other than by creating your own database. Using the ORS api directly, it may be possible to use an ORS database. At the moment I am not sure that is possible. Check the ORS api: https://openrouteservice.org/

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thank you for the help!