My background image is repeating

This keeps happening to me. I have read some forums but I am not finding exactly what I need. I want the image to not repeat. I am not sure if the image is the wrong size or the wrong file type. Let me know if I have not provided enough information.

I have the background image on my screen page. It is a jpg file. I have one horizontal arrangement and one button.

A bit strange. All you can do is open your image in any image editor and crop it to the appropriate screen proportions.

What device are you testing this on?

I have never seen anything like this, neither with Android nor with AI2 for iOS.
Post the aia (preferably only with Screen1).

Hello @ewpatton and @Anke,

The devices I am using are a Windows Desktop and an Iphone. The version of MIT app inventor 2 on my Iphone is Version 2.64.3 (build 5).

I tried adding the image to my horizontal arrangement and it was still doing the same thing.

I have attached the aia as well, this is my first app and I am learning. I am sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate any help.

sds.aia (218.7 KB)

This is a bug in the iOS version causing the repeating background. I recall having seen this before and thought we had fixed it. I will follow up once I know more.

Thank you @ewpatton I appreciate the feedback.

I already checked it, no issue with 2.64.4 (10).

The bug tripped for me right away. I managed to find the old PR meant to address the issue and brought it up-to-date with our current code base. The result has been put into TestFlight as build 2.64.4 (11).

Interesting.

Where? And on which iOS version did this occur?

On iOS 17.0.3 on my iPhone 14 Pro:

And after applying the change:

Ah, I checked it only on.my (old) iPhone 6s.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.