My app keeps crashing when I load it onto my iphone

Please help a struggling student. I am making a basic game where the fruit falls from eh top of the screen and you drag a shopping cart along the bottom of the screen to collect it. On the right-hand side of the screen, there is a randomized shopping list of the foods you have to collect. When you collect food and it's on the list you get points, but if the food is not on the list you lose points. My problem is when I load my app into the app inventor app on my phone the game almost immediately crashes. I have been struggling with this for a week now and would greatly appreciate any help.

my iphone

are you testing the iOS version?

any error message?
you have to debug your app from the beginning...
start from the GameScreen.Initialize event and deactivate all the if statments as well as the GameStart procedure, any error now?
if this works, then enable the GameStart procedure and try to find the issue like this

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I think I got it to stop crashing. Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.