Multiple game rooms at once

Hello,

I’m attempting an app for a card game I invented. I want multiple game rooms so when more than 5 people join a game a new game room will open up for more people to play the game.

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but I’ll ask anyway. Can I create a game room, with the game as a template so when a game is full, it will open a new game room. I don’t want to recreate the same game room multiple times . I know the No code coding can go in the backpack, but I don’t want to recreate the interface several times for each game room.

Thank you for your time, Rick

You did not mention what Database you are using.
I assume you are using CloudDB.
You can use a tag named QUEUE, as a list.
When a user want to join the game, add his name in the QUEUE list, if its length == 5, send a message to this 5 users, and clear the list.

Sounds like multiple chat rooms on a CloudDB or a FirebaseDB How do you create separate chat rooms? - #2 by SteveJG

I guess this depends on your card game and if you keep track of how many users are in the room. I guess you can do it.

Friends use a variation of this tutorial to play board games. How to: Roll Six 🎲 and Share the Roll using a CloudDB

Something similar can be done with your card game. With appropriate coding, more than five participants can be directed to additional 'playing rooms'. You just have to code the app to do it. :slight_smile:

You guys are awesome. Thanks

I have a extension SocketIO, with this, you can join/leave a room, send room message, private message, public message, SocketIO客户端扩展 · 浮云小站

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.