Multiple files at once with sharing component?

Howdy, this has kicked my behind quite a bit.
I would prefer to send multiple images all at once over the sharing component (attach to email).
as far as I can tell, I am only allowed to attach one file at a time, which would result in the user having to send 7 different emails - easy for them to screw up, its a customer review app.
Is there a way to send multiple images over the sharing component at once?
Thanks - I'm not too hopeful, but I thought id ask. Cant seem to find a thread on doing this.

perhaps i could zip the multiple image files into one file?
i would think i could put the images in a list, but im sure that would just be the path, not the image.
edit: tested the list - thats a no go.
currently, i take a photo, and set it to an image function on screen - i can toggle through them after taking them, so i know app inventor has the capacity to house them.

Use extension https://puravidaapps.com/mail.php
some more are here https://puravidaapps.com/sendmail.php

1 Like

i think i have read through that one before - would this require the user to download or enable anything additional?
and im sure gmail accounts will come into play - can you help me understand the meaning of these lines?

Description

This extension enables you to send an email via SMTP. You can send to several To, Cc or Bcc addresses, add several attachments and send in plain text or HTML format. Note: SMTP authentication is set to true.

To use this extension together with Gmail accounts, you have to enable less secure apps in the Google settings, see also Why do I get AuthenticationFailedException when accessing Gmail?.

Required permissions: android.permission.INTERNET, android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

Do you use this extension once

no

can you explain what exactly is unclear?
please see also the Q&A section here App Inventor Extensions: Mail | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

hey buddy, we spoke over email and I appreciate all your help!