Mqtt display on canvas on and of as it read meassage

I am trying building a basic clock to also display the status of my solar battery SOC via MQTT

When I read and display the Mqtt subscribed topic on a label it display 100% in portrait orientation

But if I display it on a canvas in landscape (draw text) it flash the message on and off

The image sprite works fine displaying the SOC graphical for testing I use global S and it display correctly it is when I use UrsPahoMQTT client when the display is on and off

Please help

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

can be simplified to :

1. No need to call mqtt connect and subscribe in a timer. move this to Screen.Initialized event.
  2. You are drawing the mqtt message and other clock text in different times, so the message is flashing.
    You can change your code like this:
    in mqtt.messagereceived event, set the message to a global variable.
    move the draw message method in clock.timer event.

Thanks