Motivational Quote App

I want to make an app that shows people motivational l quotes when they shake their phone. I already have a start screen and added an accelerometer. I want to make different sections for different quotes like Determination, success, inspiration, and more. I will need a tiny DB and a drop-down to pick from the different sections. I also will need a tiny DB for people to save quotes they like. Finally, I want to make the app have a 10-quote-a-day limit. Does anybody know how I would go about this?

here is an example to start
How to play a random sound when the device is shaken
your list could contain the motivational quotes, which could get displayed in a label after shaking

Taifun

1 Like

You will need the File component to get the contents of the quotes files for each section.

Split at \n to separate the quotes (one per line) into a list.

Include a Table of Contents file with the names of the other files (also the section names.)

For the 10 per day limit, use the Clock component and format a tag with today's date, initially 0 for the value. Add 1 to it and replace it when you show a quotes. If it is more than 10 , show an error message instead of the quote.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.