Morse Code Generator and Degenerator App

I am making a Morse Code Converter and Decoder but when my "H" is given in morse code form as"...." in decoder part it is taken as "E" which is "."....it isnt taking H with4 dots it takes E as singluar dots..what is the reason for it?

How are you handling the gap between each letter ?

1 Like

In my app where you can decode and code morse i have a space in front and at the end of the code.

1 Like

Dits and dahs .... periods and dashes that are a graphic representation of morse code sounds are what you are doing. When Morse is written on a piece of paper for happy , it is usually written ..../.-/.--./.--./-.-- . The real way to represent Morse is to send a sound file of the actual codes or to generate a tone with of short or long duration depending on whether a dot or a dash .

Advice from the old Forum: https://groups.google.com/g/mitappinventortest/search?q=morse%20code

The following csv files might help. Convert them to Lists.

The morseCharacters csv string is:

'/','.-','-...','-.-.','-..','.','..-.','--.','....','..','.---','-.-','.-..','--','-.','---','.--.','--.-','.-.','...','-','..-','...-','.--','-..-','-.--','--..','.----','..---','...--','....-','.....','-....',--...','---..','----.','-----',.-.-.-',..--..',-...-'

The letters/numerals/punctuation ( morseLetters ) are:

/ ,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,.,?,/

Your attempt at representing Morse as you do is fine. Realize Morse code is sounds, not dots and dashes. :cry: You still can have fun with dots and dashes as you tried.

4 Likes

Use the search engine. The subject of the Morse code was once discussed. There were even examples of apps.

As i m giving space before and after the morse code in value section can i put one more key as space and give the morse code as "......."...the spaces wont be duplicated right?

As i had taken create list method .. i didnt know how to use the split text method..because it wasnt taking the list as my input as they were in pairs..so what should i do?

Didnt get a clear solution on search engines for decoding and encoding using MIT app inventer.

Here are two Morse code projects ...

decoder:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/G20UeeX8M-A/hidVyiwVCAAJ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.