Morse Code Extension - My First Extension

MORSE CODE EXTENSION

Hello everyone,
I'm very excited to present my first extension - Morse Code

This is a very simple extension. It can convert both Text to Morse Code and Morse Code to Text. The character used for dots, dashes and spaces are customizable.

Supported Characters

This extension supports all alphabets(A-Z), numbers(0-9) and selected punctuation(@!+_?,:;="'()&$), enough for normal purposes.

Blocks

component_method (1)

Convert English Text string into it's respective Morse Code string as per the set parameters.

Example:
screenshot-ai2-appinventor-mit-edu-1616070493034

component_method

Convert Morse Code string into it's respective English Text string as per the set parameters.

Example
screenshot-ai2-appinventor-mit-edu-1616076182132

Apart from these, there are blocks to set the characters to be treated as dot, dash and separator of words(in Morse Code). These properties can also be edited in the designer.
screenshot-ai2-appinventor-mit-edu-1616071383450 screenshot-ai2-appinventor-mit-edu-1616071552481

:arrow_down_small: Download AIX :
com.kaustubhrakhade.MorseCode.aix (9.9 KB)

Any comments, suggestions, bug reports are welcome :blush:

9 Likes

it can help us encode and decode text yay!

1 Like

This is very easy to do with blocks. Think about an extension that can't be done with blocks :wink: .

3 Likes

I know that he has put a lot of effort into making this extension learning things. Although the convertor code of his extension is from some source, and even if it's a test extension, sometimes his / someone's effort worth a lot in learning :wink:

3 Likes

Thank You everyone for their valuable comments and suggestions.
I'll be keeping them in mind from the next time :blush:

This extension can be used if you go camping or something

1 Like

Wow thanks! I love it.

1 Like

I think he's using it for learning or something like that since this is his first extension.

2 Likes

Don't necropost

1 Like

For me, it is way too hard. (I have never done a project with so large blocks). Anyways, I like ur idea and his extension too :slight_smile:.
Thanks

1 Like

Make a bigger project :wink: it will help you get experienced as you get introduced to new blocks and/or components...

3 Likes