MIT App Inventor will be at FOSDEM! πŸŽ‰

App Inventor got a stand for Sunday at FOSDEM :smile:

https://fosdem.org/2020/news/2019-11-19-accepted-stands/

6 Likes

I asked for the whole weekend. I will contact them later today if that is still possible.

3 Likes

Sadly we only have sunday. But we will certainly be there. So come visit us on sunday. Further information will follow.

That happens sometimes. At least we will be there for one day to help further promote computational action with App Inventor. Thanks for taking the time to organize this.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Still, I hope to be there.
Cheers, Ghica.

1 Like

Great @Ghica, @bartmathijssen and i will be there to.

1 Like

A quick reminder. App Inventor will have a stand at Fosdem on Sunday 2 february.

Some App Inventor Power Users and some external contributors of App Inventor will be helping at the stand.

Confirmed are:

@Ghica
@Diego
@vishwas
@bartmathijssen
@Peter

Come and visit us.

7 Likes

Going is one of my goals for the next year. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Our Fosdem flag…

13 Likes

Really cool :+1:

4 Likes

Already really busy at FOSDEM. Tomorrow we will have a stand. Really looking forward to it. I am here now with @Diego, @vishwas and @bartmathijssen.

13 Likes

Goodmorning. Sunday FOSDEM day for App Inventor. In an hour we will be dressing up our stand.

The members of the FOSDEM team are:
@Diego
@Ghica
@vishwas
@bartmathijssen
@elatoskinas
@Peter

9 Likes

8 Likes

@Peter demonstrating @Italo’s app at FOSDEM.

12 Likes

I guess i showed it already 50 times. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you very much for posting this! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Funny thing that a teacher told me yesterday (and I still can’t stop laughing) :sweat_smile::joy:

A teacher came to MIT stand, and he said they were already using it from time ago. So, to check the kids efforts, they wanted to count the amount of code.
As in MIT App Inventor you cannot count lines of code as you would do in any written language, they printed the blocks after arranging them and they counted square meters of code :joy:

13 Likes

They can calculate how much ink the printer needed so they can have… wait for it…

GALLONS OF CODE! :rofl:

11 Likes