MIT App Inventor for iOS Version 0.9.12

Hello everyone,

We have released MIT App Inventor for iOS version 0.9.12 to Apple TestFlight. If you've enabled automatic upgrades, you may already have the latest version installed. This release includes the following bugfixes:

• Fix an issue where errors were not reported to the web client
  • Fix Canvas issues including bugs in DrawArc, DrawCircle, and DrawShape

Cheers,
Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
Lead Software Engineer, MIT App Inventor
On behalf of the MIT App Inventor team

16 Likes

Nice updateπŸ‘ but I sent some bug reports in the report form, is anyone checking this out? Because these bugs are quite problematic.

Maybe you can share you experiences here too.

So you're saying it's better to post the bug report here? (I also prefer)

No, you should use the report form but maybe others can test some of your experiences when they read about them here.

2 Likes

Okay, so the last problem I found is that if you set the height of any component to fill and then return to auto then the height of the last component becomes full as well. Also if you set the width of any component to fill and then return to auto then the whole screen becomes narrower

1 Like

Yes we saw your report, but we're still trying to understand what is happening internally that's causing it.

4 Likes

Excellent! Good to know (I do not want to interfere, but would be nicer if you could reply by email if it helped)

1 Like

The problem always arises when the height (button, label, arrangement, ...) is changed to automatic. Whether in the Designer or via the blocks. In addition, a change in the width of the HA1 (to automatic or FillParent) also affects the HA3 (see blocks).

test6.aia (2.2 KB)

1 Like

I understand the problem as it manifests in the app. The problem is understanding exactly the interaction of the various UIViews, UIStackView rules, and the constraints system, and how to fix it without breaking other things.

1 Like

Yes, that's already a real challenge with Xcode / Swift, as I said here:

But connecting the whole thing with Android (AI2) so that there are no problems on both platforms is an even bigger challenge. Hopefully it can be achieved.

Is this still in beta?
I have signed my Computer Science classes up for this numerous times and have not heard anything about it

Congrats and thank you very much, for such a hard work.
Please don't forget the FirebaseDB component (or equivalent in Apple's domain). It's a fundamental piece for any app-server real time communication.

Offtopic but when I went to see that video, my phone crashed and went to lockscreen running Android 11. Does your video cause the crash?

1 Like

do you have a approximate time when ios version will be released

2 Likes

For me it works great, Maybe try playing it on your computer

1 Like

Running iOS or Android?

I played the video on Android

Which version? I ran it on 11

And its running fine on computer

It's Android 9, but in the end it's a file from Google Drive so I do not think there should be a problem with it
Have you installed Google Drive on your device?