MIT App Inventor 2 & Highcharts data.csv configuration with RSSI and Distance Variables

there is only one item in your datalist...

also your add items to list block is wrong...
the list is called DataList
and the item you want to add is TextDataReceived...

Taifun

you might want to provide a screenshot of the latest relevant blocks including Do it result
Taifun

Screenshots provided bellow my dear

These are my latest blocks as they are right now and as I've said it seems like Doit does nothing so I don't know what else to try since it doesn't show anything after I click it.

Let's try again please

If DoIt is not responding, it means you do not have a connection active with Companion most likely or DataList is empty

This a DoIt using the simulation example

Here are the results:

it seems to be you have overseen my 2 latest answers here in this thread...
Taifun

I tried that my dear and it's not working:

@Taifun

well, you are adding all text data received to a large big string, which does not make sense...
at least if you want to work with lists...

instead you should convert each text data you are receiving into a list using the list from csv row block and then add that sublist as one item into the main list (called DataList)
you might want to set the main list to an empty list before continuing to test

Taifun

1 Like

Now the list only gets the first pair then doesn't get updated anymore and it gives the same error.

Regarding your Initiate_ChartMaker_Clock blocks ... once you fix the issue Taifun pointed to, make the event handler look like the Clock.Timer in the simulation or it the Clock will not work properly.

The two Block sets highlighted with a green arrow are necessary to prevent the chart from using bad data and to avoid flickering. They ensure changes only happen when the length to the data changes. Again, be aware the 'simulation' assumes your app is posting your data to a Label. I used Label5. which sets dataCSV to the contents of the label; then immediately sets dataList as indicated. This has to happen in the simulation and I assume it is necessary in your app. If I had an esp32 I certainly would have done this differently, so I created a simulation on the assumption you created a list of pairs.

Thank you but I do not get what I need to do.

You are using 3 different globals, 2 of them which I don't have while I only use 2 globals.

I have the DataList global but I'm missing the "DataCsv and DataLength"

Just create variables the "DataCsv and DataLength" ... you can see how it was done in the simulation Blocks and aia. You will need to do something similar. Does that help?

To make it work you will have to have a correct DataList

1 Like

Yup. Thank you.

Yup, still not working and the same error :expressionless:

And also one more error now together with that one because why not

Sorry, that response is expected. You will not get a graph until your DataList is valid.

Something is still wrong with the Blocks posted as #50. There is something wrong with you TextDataReceived Block. Taifun pointed to a potential problem in #49.

The only way to do this is to use DoIt. Give yourself perhaps a coding break perhaps; someone tomorrow who has lots of Bluetooth/Arduino experience possibly can tell you what to do and he is probably now asleep. I expect the issue is something like converting a list to csvtable but I do not know. :frowning:

1 Like

I don't understand what can be wrong here, I fixed that problem that @Taifun mentioned as well and still not getting anything.

This is the way my project looks right now, if it helps:

DFPS_APP_EN (1).aia (22.0 KB)

The error I receive after data from esp32 comes in is:

as already mentioned earlier (in red)

EDIT: and (blue) what's that? you should add the items to the list only once...

it might help to learn how to work with lists and lists of lists...

Taifun

1 Like

Please DoIt with the TextDataReceived block attached to list from csv table. Then when you have it post the text here. that looks like ,[0,2 -17 .... it appears the first 'pair' is not posting although subsequent data appears fine.

It appears you did not 'fix' it ... see what he recommended

as far as I can see, that block has not changed. :cry: Did you post the wrong image?

1 Like