MIT AI for MacOS: is not currently available in the U.S. store

Dear community,

I was so excited to see the AI is getting available for iOS.
I seldom use my old MacBook Pro from mid 2010, (I am a windows and Android guy), I tried to test it to make my apps also working on iPhone.

But when I try to get the AI in Apple store, I get this message:

The item you’ve requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.

Is this because my MacBook and MacOS (High Sierra 10.13) too old?

The companion for ios is basically only available for iOS and iPadOS, however, the new Macs (with Apple Silicon processors) can also install the companion from the App Store (and it works great on Mac - from my experience)

1 Like

Thank you,

It is about the "companion", a tool for testing the app.

What about designing the app? Can we just use the project that is already designed for Android?

Sorry if this question is very basic.

Yes, the applications you have built can already run on iOS as they already work with the companion, however extensions will not work on iOS (until extensions can also be developed for iOS) and there are still existing components that do not yet support or partially support iOS, you can see the progress of this here: http://doesappinventorrunonios.com/
In addition to that, there are still glitches that need to be fixed so it will take some more time until there is full build support for iOS

2 Likes

Yes, I know the limitations , no problem.

But pls clarify, is it possible to actually install and run the app in iPhone ( or ipad) ?

Or it's just a simulation through companion?

you can only test aia projects using the iOS companion. You cannot build and install apps on iOS devices yet.

1 Like