MI APP no esta funcionando en tablet

Por fin termine mi apk, y corre perfecto en celular en todos sus modulos y acciones, sin embargo al instalarla en la tablet aunque no marca errores, no ejecuta las acciones, entre ellas enviar informacion a una base de datos de google sheets & firebase, para consultar informacion corre perfecto.

el uso de tablet forma parte del uso de la app.

Hello Arturo

We need to know:

1. Make, Model and Android version of the phone
  2. Make, Model and Android version of the tablet
  3. How are you testing the APK - via the Companion Scan or transferring it for install via USB?

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1. Make, Model and Android version of the phone
    Samsung A8+ android version 9

2. Make, Model and Android version of the tablet
    Samsung galaxi tab 10 android 4.4.2

3. How are you testing the APK - via the Companion Scan or transferring it for install via USB?

Via Companion , generate and install the apk on the phone and tablet

Has probado en otra tablet?
Tambien haz lo que dijo @Taifun y muestra los bloques relevantes de tu app.

Si ya probé en varias, lo extraño es que probe la app en varios teléfonos y funciona sin problema.

Hi again Arturo

1. Are some of the phones you tested also below Android version 8?
  2. Is your App using any extensions? (They may need updating).

yes, my app uses this using some extensions, such as base64 encoder, I give you the blocks of the module that I comment

the app executes all the blocks and confirms the action, however it does not process the information to the google sheet

which solution do you use to upload your data into the Google spreadsheet?
any link?
EDIT: you might want to display the responseContent from the Web.GotText event in a label to find out, what is going on...

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

the instruction is to upload the information (text) to a spreadsheet that is used as a database and then upload a photo to a google drive folder

below example of execution with smartphone and tablet

where did you find these blocks to upload the data to the spreadsheet? therefore I asked you about the link to that example... are you sure, they work like this? did you invent this on your own?
here is one working solution App Inventor Tutorials and Examples: Google Spreadsheet Database | Pura Vida Apps, there are others...

also what about

Taifun

Gracias, ya habia dado un vistazo a ese ejemplo, el metodo que utilizo es mediante un link de spredsheet compartido,
el envio de informacion a ala googlesheet lo hice con el ejemplo de este link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAC01jeenPY
Lo extraño del caso que con cualquier movil funciona tanto la escritura como visualizar los datos en una listview, con la tablet solo se vizualizan los datos, sin embargo no envia la informacion

I'm sorry, I do not like very much to watch videos. it takes too much time until they come to the point...
probably @TIMAI2 does have an idea?
meanwhile let me suggest to try the solution presented here https://puravidaapps.com/spreadsheet.php

Taifun

Hi Arturo

I think this Topic has wandered off it's subject.

If the App works fine on several phones but not on a Tablet, the only way the App code could be responsible for the issue would be an incompatibility of some kind. This is why I asked if any extensions were being used, since they may not be compatible with older versions of Android and version 4.4.2 is now very very old.

@ChrisWard is correct
you said

are you sure, it does not send the information? usually you get an error message back if something went wrong... what exactly prevents you from displaying the responseContent from the Web.GotText event in a label to find out, what is going on?

Taifun

En efecto la app si tiene extenciones en este caso utiliza el codificador base64 ,la tablet es version 4.4.2 he buscado pero no hay actualizacion disponible en varios modelos.

Are you able to view the spreadsheet via the web browser on the tablet? One relatively weak hypothesis that I have is that the Google servers are presenting a certificate chain that uses SHA-256 signatures and it may be the case that Android 4.4.2 might be expecting SHA-1 signatures (no longer considered secure). If that's the case, you should expect to see a security message in the browser when you try to access the spreadsheet, and it might also explain why your data aren't showing up.

1 Like