MFile - a modified version of Sunny's `EFile` extension - Shared folders - storage permissions - Android 11+

I would gladly use saf if it was possible to avoid the file list, I already know the location of my file

you are again asking the same questions, which already have been answered...
it does not look like you read the first post in this thread as previously suggested...

Conclusion
As long as the bugs with the File component are not fixed, I recommend using this extension (MFile), at least on Android 11+.

But if you want to stick with the File component, you MUST ALWAYS set DefaultFileScope to Legacy. Otherwise it will not work on Android 11+ or you MUST save in the ASD or PrivateDir (internal storage).

Taifun

2 Likes

I'm asking the same questions, all you are repeating the same answer, no one tries to explain to me in other words

What about telling us, what exactly you do not understand after reading the answer?

Taifun

1 Like

Can I with mfile read/write a text file created by another app in the shared folders ?
If yes what is wrong in my blocks ? (post 24)
If not why I should use this extension instead of using file component ?
Please don't tell me see first post again, you don't have to answer me.

What could be misleading about this statement?

So for Android 11+ the statement is and remains NO.

So how about you read the links and hints we have posted thoroughly and carefully? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It's clear, now what's the goal of mfile ext ? please explain me as a kind.

:upside_down_face:

It is absolutely impossible (and inconceivable even after all these additional and actually superfluous explanations) that this question is really meant seriously!

4 Likes

For 20 days I'm trying to understand what this extension is for and no one answers me, and you get angry...
In the past you have helped me a lot, I wonder why this closure

So for the very last time:

Read this (again?), which takes a by far less than 20 sec (20 days? :upside_down_face:).

If you then still don't understand, no one will be able to help you.

2 Likes

I can not find any app in this thread

OMG, see here:

grafik

grafik

I give up understanding, I will continue to use AllFilesPermissions
Thank you all

There is also a video that explains/shows it crystal clear.

to workaround the unnecessary permissions, the file component is asking for
see also this thread, which might help to better understand the problem

this is your choice... alternatively if you do not want to use the MFile extension, you always can use the file component and live with its limitations

Taifun

With File component (set to Legacy) I can save a text file in shared folders and read it, what's the limitation ?
With MFile ext I can save text file in shared folders and read it, what's the difference ?
Both cannot read files created by other apps.
Please explain me without links

:grinning:

Is that now finally clear enough? :wink:

2 Likes

It's clear now, but it doesn't seem like a big limitation to me
file1

Hallelujah:exclamation:
I can hardly believe it. :wink:

It is not only a limitation, but a bug.

It was really worth creating an extension to just overcome this bug?
Or does this extension do more?