Memory game - Expecting Buttons, getting YailLists

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a memory game and have used several existing games, which work just fine on their own. However, when I try to incorporate this game as a screen of a more complex app, regardless of the structure of my blocks (each existing memory game in the gallery, or pair game uses a somewhat different blocks), the same error message occurs:

property getter was expecting a com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Button component but got a YailList instead.

Can anyone please refer me to a memory game that actually works without this YAILLIST error?

I would appreciate any help, I am losing sleep and countless hours over this and just cant seem to get it to work.

Thank you!

The error message is pretty much saying what the problem is.
You attached a list block or a variable containing a list into a block that only accepts a component ID block (the little green one at the bottom of the components blocks drawer). Specifically a button ID block.

It will help a lot if you post your blocks too.

Memorama.aia (615.6 KB)

me pasa lo mismo me podrían ayudar, gracias

Welcome. The same goes for you to :wink:

Memorama.aia (615.6 KB)

Buenas tardes,

adjunto imágenes, Muchas gracias

otros

ejecutar 1
ejecutar 2
ejecutar 3

Comprobacion 2

al final te ayudaron? porque me pasa lo mismo

Como dije en mi comentario anterior, el error está diciendo que uno de los bloques que debería recibir el identificador de un botón, no esta recibiendo eso, sino que recibió una lista. Lo que debes hacer es chequear todos los bloques donde debería haber una referencia a un botón y verificar que la variable efectivamente contenga un botón y no una lista. Para ello, debes usar la opción DO IT, (click derecho en el bloque, debes tener el companion conectado).

De hecho, creo que este es el error:

A las variables Boton_seleccionado_1 y Boton_seleccionado_2 le asignas una lista vacia.

Luego mas adelante quieres usar esa variable que contiene una lista vacia para referenciar a un boton.

Hola buen día, quisiera saber si pudo solucionar el error, me esta pasando exactamente lo mismo.
Te agradezco.

Leiste la solucion que puse?

and what do I put in that part

These lists are not empty, look, when a button was pressed it is saved in that list GLOBAL_SELECCIONADO1_BOTON, but if that list is not empty it will be saved in the GLOBAL_SELECCIONADO2_BOTON list