May 2020 Online Global Developer Meetup

Hello open source contributors,

We’ll be holding our next online global developer meetup on May 7, 2020 at 1pm EDT (5pm UTC). This meeting will be held by Zoom, details below.

The agenda for this meetup will be:

• Android SDK 29 update
  • iOS status update
  • Blockly update
  • Google Summer of Code project overview & discussion
  • General business/Q&A from the open source community

Cheers,

Evan W. Patton, Ph.D.
Lead software engineer, MIT App Inventor

Evan Patton is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: App Inventor Global Developer Meetup
Time: May 7, 2020 13:00 Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

One tap mobile
+16465588656,98641127402# US (New York)
+16699006833,98641127402# US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 986 4112 7402

US : +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833

International Numbers: https://mit.zoom.us/u/axyUJ0lJV

Join by SIP
98641127402@zoomcrc.com

Join by Skype for Business

11 Likes

My thanks to everyone who joined the meetup today. We had up to 24 people on the call at one point, which makes this the largest developer gathering we’ve had since we started this program. If you have any thoughts you want to share about how the meetups could be improved, please feel free to share your thoughts or PM me.

Cheers,
Evan

6 Likes

Hi Evan,

I am not a developer but like to follow every Meetup you organize, so i am only a listener in this case. For me this Developer Meetup is much like the Power User Meetup. You do 99% of the presentation and talk about the plans that the AI team has and what is coming. And i love to hear everything that is happening around AI let that be clear.

I was wondering, but only developers can answer that, shouldn’t/couldn’t the Developers Meetup also be more of an in depth Technical Q&A or for instance more in the form of a technical lecture?

Just an example. We see for instance users on the community that play with the sources but have trouble grasping the complexity of the parts AI is composed of and how to work with the sources.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Peter. I do try to keep plenty of time at the end of every meetup for people to ask questions. I think for future meetups we will try to collection questions in advance as well as opening it up during the call, so that people have time to think about and contribute questions in advance.

5 Likes

A recording of the meetup is now available on YouTube

8 Likes