March 14th Pi Day Challenge

Vedas are claimed to provide clues to deep scientific concepts hidden within them.
In Rig Veda(oldest known Vedic Sanskrit Text), the value of pi upto 32 decimals is written in form of sloka.

2 Likes

this depends on your location... :partying_face: https://www.google.com/search?q=pie+delivery
this process also works asynchronously... you send a pie request and probably some time later a guy will knock on your door with your pie... enjoy...
Taifun

4 Likes

3 Likes

Following on from:

These two are worth a watch....

Squaring the Circle

Zeno's Paradoxes

2 Likes

I love Numberphile. Even if i often don't understand anything :joy: :crazy_face: :grin: :+1: :wink: :thinking:

3 Likes

Here is mine :sunglasses:
Most smartest of all.

4 Likes

Here are some math forumlas to calculate pi. Give them a try.

Here is the second Web API approach I found.

PiAPI.aia (2.6 KB)

1 Like

Using Inverse Sine function (asin) - take any number x between -1 and 1 since the domain of inverse sin is [-1,1].

• 180 degree in radians is equal to PI

3 Likes

The App Inventor system "floats" all decimal places to 5 decimal places - 0.123456 would become 0.12345. So, I simply ran a JavaScript dialog, because Java(Script)'s Math.PI operator has 15 digits.

Just this:

alert (Math.PI);
1 Like

Went online, found one million digits of pi.

Taken a large part from the website, if you are the author of the website, large thanks!

Made an AIA, tested successfully.

PiWithFiles.aia (41.6 KB)

blocks

I do not know how many digits I took, seems to be thousands.

1 Like

:yum: tasty... :joy: :rofl:

Very Nice Inforemations about Pi π here
Great to hear read...

if I scroll until end of that page, then my mouse would never work again I guess :rofl:

Woah, an API for π :joy: nice
never imagined...

it probably costed him to host it :joy: :crazy_face:, great guy though

Yeah, better and nice actually @Gordon_Lu :joy:

Sometimes I really like maths :grin:

the actual full sentence was: I like maths only sometimes because I hate it a lot :crazy_face:, btw, I can't make text even smaller as I wanted :joy:
1 Like

I went on Google and found a list of URLs to images related to π and pie, and made a JSON list to put this together.

RandomPieImages.json (2.9 KB)

Together with this solution of calculating Pi, you can also use these to show a random pi(e) image.

3 Likes

This is a game about pi(e). Let me briefly introduce it.

• It has a pie (ImageSprite) on a canvas that is clickable. When you click it, you earn 1 :moneybag:.

• The game has a time limit of 3 minutes and 14 seconds.

• I am generous enough to give you 10 :moneybag: at the start of the game.

• You can potentially lose :moneybag: over time:

• For every 80 seconds, Tax Token will tax you 25 :moneybag:.

• At 1:34, Judgemental Owl will judge you, and will take away 30 :moneybag: from you (because he a corrupted judge).

• At 1:04, a macaw will fly to your wallet, and will decide whether to take away :moneybag:, leave it alone or even give you :moneybag:.

• After 3 minutes and 14 seconds, the time is up. If you earn 628 :moneybag: or more, you pass, else you fail the challenge.

How is it related to pi?

• The sprite is a pie.

• The time limit is 3.14, an approximation of pi.

• The target of the score you earn is 628, which is approximately pi times 2 times 100.

Enjoy, and let me know if there are any bugs! Also, share your score below! AIA below.

PieClicker.aia (245.2 KB)

4 Likes

Good job. Maybe post some screenshots of your game.

1 Like

All that clicking for nothing. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That's unfortunate...I find that my score becomes > 628 only if I click the pie with 2 fingers. It was desgined to be a challenge...

Anyways, here are some screenshots.

1 Like

I did it with a emulator. So a lot of mouseclicks

1 Like

Used this to make a colourful Pi number

6 Likes

Now it is here...................

6 Likes