Map, distance and eta

Hi,

Id like to know if there is simple option for finding estimated distance and ETA without needing the actual navigation / directions ?
For both A to B and also from start point through various points on route to the destination.
As i say the actual navigation / directions aren't needed but obviously the route needs to be calculated to give distance and time so there may be no difference in the method of finding the result.
Using polygon

Thanks
Steve

Simple? Take your choice:

• Calculate straight line distance between two coordinates rather than a Navigation route

• use
    directions
    and post duration and distance to a Label

• Use Google Map api and Directions
    or
    distance-matrix

Steve, straight line distance would be way off travel distance as this is Scotland.
Distance matrix looks good but only appears to handle an origin and destination no intermediate points though I guess I could build total accumulative time / distance one stop at a time.
Not had a chance to look at the other options yet but will and update when I get a chance.

Cheers

I was playing around with the distance matrix API.
Is there a simpler way to get the mileage result than this ?

Seems very long winded

Show your responseContent

{
"destination_addresses" :
[
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK"
],
"origin_addresses" :
[
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK"
],
"rows" :
[
{
"elements" :
[
{
"distance" :
{
"text" : "13.8 mi",
"value" : 22210
},
"duration" :
{
"text" : "27 mins",
"value" : 1628
},
"status" : "OK"
}
]
}
],
"status" : "OK"

this help ?

Any better for you?

{"destination_addresses" : [ "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK"], "origin_addresses" : ["xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, UK"], "rows" : [ { "elements" : [ { "distance" : { "text" : "13.8 mi", "value" : 22210 }, "duration" : { "text" : "27 mins", "value" : 1628 }, "status" : "OK" } ] } ], "status" : "OK"}

Very interesting !!!!