Make Tetris game from scratch with no extensions

I can not see any problem from here.
Maybr from other blocks . as i said you need to learn how to debug with DO IT.

what should the global board data be? I have it to be, Initialize global Board Data to create empty list. Should it be something else because I am wondering if that is the problem?

all explained in the tutorial.

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Finally got around to testing this out, and it works perfectly :smiley: (I did have to slow the clock right down for me though.....)

A brilliant piece of block / code writing, many of the procedures within procedures are bordering on existential!!

Thank you for the translation, made all the difference.

I added a Pause button for some in game respite :wink:

3 Likes

So I am working with a partner on this and we have the same code and it works when he tests it with his computer and phone however it won't work when I test it on my computer and phone. I am wondering why this could be happening because we have the same code but it only works for one of us.

understand you are working on an iOS, is this the problem?
What's you and your partner 's phone system?Both iOS?or one android one iOS? Which one working?

We are both iOS. I am confused on how it works on one but not the other.

Are you both testing the same copied code? Did you create your code and your friend created his?

We have the same code. I started it but then had to go so I sent it to him about half way done and he finished it and sent the finished product to me and I am using that.

We have the same code but his global top left works but my global top left does not work.

show your relevant blocks and error message screenshot

It works on an old android phone that I have so I think that it is the phone that is causing the problems.

i had a problem where the tetris blocks move slightly further from the canvas. like 2 blocks are hidden beneath the canvas when going down and also left and right.

and when i try to stack them up, this error appears. the tetris blocks also seems to collide with each other as well. what do you think might be the problem?

Since the turorial have many functions into seperate procedures.
you need find our which procedure cause this error.

1 Like

TETRISV2.aia (12.1 KB)
this is my code. can you please check the block code? i rechecked my code with the tutorial multiple times but i found no error. everything i followed is the same. can you help check it because i believe you are more expert in this and i may mislooked any error.

Your problem arises here:

so something upstream from that....

1 Like

thankyou for replying, so what can i do to fix that?

compare this with the tutorial to find out the problem.