Make an app avaible for iOS

Hi, sorry if I have wrong category where write the post.
I have developed an app for my friends, but two of them have an iPhone, so… there’s a way to make avaible the app for them?
Ty.

2 Likes

You cannot make ios apps with App Inventor 2 yet. MIT is working on it. The capability might exist later this year. At the moment, the project is in TestFlight … where it is being debugged. It is not yet possible to create the ios equivalent of an apk (the compiled app) and is not available for general use.

Until then, you might use Thunkable ; a Block like compiler similar to App Inventor 2 that provides an ios option now. Be aware, this is a commercial product and is not necessarily free.

Regards,
steve

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, do you know when this project will be avaible?

1 Like

Jacopo, unfortunately no one knows. MIT developers are working hard but the code has to pass approval from Apple. It is not there yet and the part to produce the compiled ios app is not even set up yet.

Thunkable is available now; ios with App Inventor, sometime this year hopefully.

2 Likes

Thunkable-x is the product that supports iOS. I have tried that but 1- it has some issues, 2- It has several differences with AI2 and 3- not all AI2 features are available

@Dro You could use B4x or the Delphi Community Edition to code your ios version of your app. There are other ios compilers to. Perhaps Anke can provide some advice. @Anke

1 Like