Looking for Beginner Friendly and Good First Issues

Hi, I have recently learned the Java language and completed a personal Music Player App project. I am currently a 2nd year BCA student looking for some beginner friendly and good first issues to solve so that I get a hang of development. Since this is the first time I am actually working on an open source project so any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Hello user and welcome to the community.

Before you start contributing, it is good to start from some basics. You might want to learn to create extensions (which also requires Java), which is a simpler task. Once you mastered creating extensions, you can start looking to contribute in open source.

This OS Development category is split into two sub-categories. One of them is Extensions Development. You can look for some guides and topics there, or visit my tutorials in my website.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

You may want to take a look at the issues marked "help wanted" on GitHub, as these tend to be easier tasks to accomplish (not always though).

For example, you might want to look at 2701 or 2725 as these are fairly small fixes that should allow you to familiarize yourself with the build process and opening a pull request.

2 Likes