Location sensor

my location sensor is not working . We are 100% sure that we have done everything right and it is also showing that i am far away from my home when i am testing my GPS but the thing is i am sitting in my home and testing the app.

100% :cry:

Have you read the tutorial Using the Location Sensor and loaded and tested the two aia Projects.

That may provide you an explanation.

I have loaded the app tested the app and downloaded the app it is still not working

Care to show your blocks or aia?

you might want to go outside to get a better GPS signal
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

How far away? 10 meters, 50 meters, a kilometer? If you are sitting in your home, the LocationSensor will report various locations, usually up to about 50 meters away from your real location. Read about the property called Accuracy. The LocationSensor will not report anyone's exact location, it is not that precise. Read the tutorial.

Here is a plot of where the GPS 'thinks' it is located over a period of several minutes when the Android is setting on my desktop. This is normal behavior when using the MIT LocationSensor.

MarkersAndroidAtRest

The blue circle represents the most recent 'Accuracy' circle.

I AM 50m FAR AWAY FROM MY HOME

:cry:

The LocationSensor indicates where the GPS receiver 'thinks' it is located based on the signals it receives from satellites Manya.

The reason LocationSensor it places you there, when you actually are not, is probably because you have a weak signal from the satellites because you are indoors. Get near a window, go outside; the Accuracy will improve when the signal strength of the satellites is not attenuated by walls and ceiling. :slight_smile: Since you are located in a large city with tall buildings that also block satellite signals you might not be able to achieve even 10 meter resolution. Unfortunately, this is how a gps receiver works.

The Accuracy of the satellite fix improves depending on how many satellites can be received at one time by the Android's gps hardware. The best most Android devices can reliably report is your location to about 10 meters on a regular basis. Some gps receivers can resolve up to 2 meters using the MIT LocationSensor on occasion.

Please go outside, test your app in a park or away from large buildings; does it properly locate you?

SIR I WENT TO PARK BUT IT IS SHOWING WRONG LOCATION
AND EVEN OF MY HOUSE IT IS SHOWING WRONG address.

You do not need to shout Manya (All capitol letters is shouting).

1 Google's database does not have the addresses for all locations.
2 If the location is 'off' by 50 meters or even 10 meters in a crowded city, the reported address might be the address 'next door'. Sorry, this is the way Google's CurrentAddress works

If you use Google's Map app (which is probably on your device)... does it show your exact location?

Please show us a screen capture of what "it is showing" and post it here. Also show us the Blocks you are using. These will help us determine what is reasonable to expect using the gps.