Local.gwt.xml error

I'm trying to build App Inventor 2 locally, but I'm getting BUILD FAILED and this error: [ERROR] Unable to find 'local.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
Can anyone help me kindly?

There isn't a file by that name in our sources. Can you please provide the full output from ant?

Full output
$ ant
Buildfile: C:\Users\MyPc\Desktop\My local appinventor\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build.xml

all:

init:

MakeWarLibsDir:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

components_CommonConstants:

init:

CommonConstants:

WarLibs:

AiSharedLib:

AiServerLib:

components_AndroidRuntime:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

init:

HtmlEntities:

Barcode:

CopyComponentLibraries:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

CommonConstants:

AnnotationProcessors:

AndroidRuntime.uptodate:

AndroidRuntime:

AiClientLib:

AiRebindLib:

blocklyeditor_BlocklyCompile:

init:

CheckBlocklyCompile:

BlocklyCompile:

CheckDocs:

BuildDocs:
     [exec] Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "bundle" (in directory "C:\Users\MyPc\Desktop\My local appinventor\appinventor-sources\appinventor\docs\markdown"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
     [exec] Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "bundle" (in directory "C:\Users\MyPc\Desktop\My local appinventor\appinventor-sources\appinventor\docs\markdown"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

CopyToBuildWar:

CheckYaClientApp:

YaClientApp:
     [java] Loading inherited module 'local'
     [java]    [ERROR] Unable to find 'local.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
     [java] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\MyPc\Desktop\My local appinventor\appinventor-sources\appinventor\build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Users\MyPc\Desktop\My local appinventor\appinventor-sources\appinventor\appengine\build.xml:554: Java returned: 1

The build system doesn't really work when intermediate paths contain spaces. Please move appinventor-sources to a directory that doesn't contain spaces and try again.

3 Likes

Problem solved. Thank you so much!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.