Literally can't retrieve data from lists stored in TinyDB

Hello Everybody,
At some point of my app, I create a list containing three kind of data: color, hex color code, and hue value (the hex code and the hue value are correctly generated by the app elsewhere). Finally I store the list in TinyDB with a tag (say "cstm_1").

when I'm finally trying to retrieve them, with the following code...

I get an error message saying this:
Runtime_error_1

the first argument is shown as if it weren't a list. But I made a little experiment, bypassing the "select list item" block, refreshed everything, tried again, and I rather can see clearly that TinyDB actually contains lists

I can't find a reason for this. Any Idea?

More context is needed, to see what was in those global variables.

( suspect a list was coerced into a string somewhere along the way.)

Use the Do It facility to show us?

I'm not sure what the Do It facility is

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/other/testing.html

Thanks @ABG
I'm going to study this and let you know as soon as I'll have some test with it

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

I finally found that the if cycle under the x>y condition was not correct. Basically it implements a bubble sort algoritm, but it was swapping single values, not lists. I didn't paid too much attention to this, because the cycle is supposed to begin after fetching x and y from lists. But believe it or not, after fixing the piece of code at the bottom, the one at the top worked fine too. The following is the working one

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.