Literacy Ninja a literacy game for my nephew, Can I get some help and Ideas?

Hi, I am sorry that you think that my game is bad but I would still continue to make it. I have done some coding and now have made this code for the Pick a random item list block

But now i get this error, is there any way to fix this?

image_2024-05-31_100124082

You are not using for each item in list correctly. What you probably intend to do is something like this

Adapt the above to pick a random item list for your List of words.

2 Likes

Hi, I tried my best to adapt this to my code but I wanted to try to make it so instead of when the screen is initialized it wont show a random word from the list but show it when button1 is clicked. I have attached some images of what I have done.
image_2024-06-04_120657110

Here is the aia file if u need to check some other things too.
Literacy_Ninja (4).aia (1.2 MB)

Thanks for the help everyone.

1 Like

Thanks KevinKun for your help for this code. Can someone give me an example on how I can make my game recognise the word that is typed in the textbox and make sure it is the same as the word displayed? And then if the word typed in the textbox is wrong It needs to display an "incorrect word" message. And if it is correct then it says "Good Job You Got It Correct" also once the player gets 10 words right in a row then a button shows to go to the second level.

Thanks very very much everyone!!

a lot of tutorials/ samples have been given to you in this thread, but it seems that you did not try to learn from them. You just want to others to prepare the code for you.

Maybe the "Work for Hire" category is suitable for you.

You might consider giving your nephew one of the many books on App Inventor you can reach through the Help menu.

He probably will have better success making his own app

Considering your suggestion I will be closing this topic and making a new one in the work for hire section.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.