Listview TextAlignment right to left

Hi i have a problem with listvien TextAlignment right to left cant do it

1 Like

Hi @abdenasser_oulefki welcome to our community!

Unfortunately, AI2 listview can't set TextAlignment

1 Like

@abdenasser_oulefki would you like to file an issue on GitHub so that someone can try to solve it?

3 Likes

Hi,
I had this problem as well, coding an app for RTL language.
I solved this using the following procedure.
It receives as inputs the list and the min_length.
The min_length is how many characters fill a full line in the listview (this depends on the listview width and font size).
It adds blanks when needed to get a right alignment.

3 Likes

We'll have to think about this. What we may want to do internally is lay the views out in the reverse order horizontally when the device's locale is a RTL locale. One potential downside is that it would break apps that have already attempted to compensate for the fact that App Inventor apps are all LTR.

2 Likes

grafik

4 Likes

If adding this support, why not make it configurable like other components? (align H/V...)

Also note, that RTL support is missing from the checkbox component as well (box on the left, text on the right...)

Thanks.

3 Likes

It really isn't a problem to do it that way. I think there are actually serious other problems to be solved right now.

grafik

2 Likes

Thanks for feedback. This feature really should be available. I don't know how fast we will be able to act on it, but I will file a feature issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.