Listview afterpicking not triggered

I found a bug with the listview. The afterpicking event is not triggered when i a have a short text as mainText in a list item and i click on the right side of the text.
I have column config:
image | mainText.

I'm also wondering if there is a way to detect if the list item is clicked on the image or the text.

I was unable to replicate your problem in Screen1 of my attached .aia
listviewWithDynamicData.aia (113.0 KB)

Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

Are you sure, the above picture is from listview? If so can you share us your blocks? @Paul

I mean when i click on an empty part of the listitem. When i click on the text it works fine.

I fixed it, I have the listview in a horizontal arangement, I have set the width of the horizontal arrangement to 'fill parent' now and now it's working as expected.
Just would like it when the afterpicking listener knows if I clicked on the image part or the text part, so I can do something else when the text is clicked, like editing the text instead of setting the listitem to 'done' .

You could have two images, one for check box and one for empty text box . When listview after picking replace image. You could even check images in order to check-uncheck from list

Blocks

blocks - 2022-05-20T084040.975

listview_check.aia (4.7 KB)

For example see

@dora_paz i have that, but i would like that when I click on the text part I can do another thing like edit the text.

After picking you can use a choose Dialog notifier to choose between edit or change status. See example

listview_check.aia (4.7 KB)

Thank you for your Quick replies.
Yes i know, but i want as few clicks as possible. I am going to try Sumit's custom listview, that has swipe and i think a clickable image option.

1 Like

You can try it but it is not fully compatible with MIT App Inventor I believe. See developer's reply in [FREE] Custom List View - An Extension for making Image and text list view with a lot of customization - #185 by Hellgiss - Extensions - Kodular Community

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind.

1 Like

You can make your own ListView without extensions, using blocks, in one of two ways:

1 Like