Layout visibility: nested layout stay visible despite parent

Dear all,
I was looking on how to use different screens within an app until I bumped to one tutorial about preferring using layouts and visibility which I found straight forward and adopted.
Now I set up 3 main vertical layout and for each there are few nested layout.

My understanding was to disable the visibility of the upper layout to view/hide whatever inside

Unfortunately it is not exactly what it is happening. Some nested layout are visible, some are not despite the main parent visibility is off.

THe process is simple but there is still something I might miss or oversee.

Hints

As you can see with the blocks, I needed to add extra visibility block compared to the 5 main layout.

What I'm doing wrong?

EDIT:
thanks @TIMAI2 to highlight my not precise description.
in total 5 main layers (4x vert and 1X hor) as shown on the left

in the procedure there are 2 extra layout which I needed to put there because where still showing despite parent set visible to false

Which "nested" components are not "hiding" ?

Also you say

But I see 4 x vertical arrangements and 1 x horizontal arrangement = 5 in all at the same level.

the nested layouts I need to manage individualy are

• horizontalArrangement11
  • HorizontalScrollArrangement2

Those happen to be in the top main layout, if this helps

cheers

Try this, does it work as expected ?

nestedLayout.aia (2.4 KB)

Hi @TIMAI2

ur blocks add another brick in my wall of knowledge for AI2.

The procedure works. I need some time to find the generic blcoks but otherwise it is clear.

Now, lesson to learn, shall we say that the layouts might but not always inherit visibility from parents?

It will be interesting to understand when it happens and when it doesn't to get a deeper grip in the block coding

otherwise it seams we get to the solution.

I'll revert in case of further doubts or questions

I do not believe we shall, if you remove the visibility of the "outer" arrangement, all the components inside that arrangement will not be visible.

You have vert_setups visible in all three of your procedures...

Check your logic...

Ok.

I gave a more deep check. I fumble looking for solutions about this layout issue and trying to use @TIMAI2 solution I received error about a mix of Vertical and VerticalScrol

What are the odds that mixing layouts will interfere with visibility of parents toward nested layout?

By all mean, I've changed all layout to the same sort and so far the visibility works as it should

in the 1000's to one.

Why not provide an aia project of where your efforts fail.

Fair question and I thought about it but the app is already in a complex and I would say getting almost behind any expectation that exporting the whola aia file doesn't help and create a snippet ad hoc might not bring up or highlight the real situation.

At the moment it seams everything working.

it might have been some command I've forgot somewhere or the companion non updteing correctly (already experienced it and now if something doesn't sound correct I refresh or reconnect to countercheck)

thanks again for the hint which always bring new knowledge and experience to me and the community