Label HTML color code

Hi,
I have adopted the code from Anke to make a color in Html with labels.

afbeelding

It works directly with a color and a number. I was trying it with "make color" but this seems not to work. Is that right or do I miss something?

blocks

Could anyone help me with this.

Is this what you tried?

might work if you replace the color icons with the make color Block.

If not working, what did you try?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Linking the listview with a button

I am surprised that it worked at all

Does AI2 coerce some color blocks into text color names when you force them through a text JOIN?

Must try this with Do It on the JOIN when I get online.

I tried this

It gives black. It should be red....

I am not sure if the label html can interpret the decimal64bit colour numbers. It should accept a hex colour value

Do you mean that this is not the same?

(Canned Reply: ABG - Download those blocks and post them here)

Please download and post each of those event block(s)/procedures here ...
P.S. These blocks can be dragged directly into your Blocks Editor workspace.

See http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/other/download-pngs.html for a demo.

I do mean that

aha... I thought it is the same because the set label text color accepts both...
Can this be simple converted?

If you just want some custom colours try these tables:

you will want the hex codes (e.g. #FF0000)

Thanks, this a nice overview. I rather have a procedure that converts it because I work already with this code in my app.

Do you have
htmlformat

set to HTMLFormat? A long shot but setting HTMLFormat in the Label Properties might allow your original concept to work.

Yes I have set this. The code is not displayd

this works. I know it is ugly, but I wanted to know if this works

1 Like

Sorry this is a stupid solution.....

Do you know how is the color code is named that returns the "make color"?

Is that the decimal 64 bit?

make color is RGB.

make color

make color takes in a list of 3 or 4 numbers. These numbers in this list represent values in an RGB code. RGB codes are used to make colors on the Internet. An RGB color chart is available here. This first number in this list represents the R value of the code. The second represents the G. The third represents the B. The fourth value is optional and represents the alpha value or how saturated the color is. The default alpha value is 100. Experiment with different values and see how the colors change using this block.