Issue faced by Extension devs (.aar libraries)

Hello Inventors,

So, Many extension devs make extensions, but very few are published, I accept same with my own experience,

I recently tried making many extensions but, they needed xml attributes which is not possible for aixs until we use aars, This is supported in components but not in extensions

The great dev @Jarlissonlira2 added a PR That could solve this issue but, it is not yet merged

@ewpatton If it can be implemented, it would be so great for all of us who drop their aixs just because of these reasons
:pleading_face:

8 Likes

Yes i also support this that they should merge this PR

4 Likes

his PR was found working by some people who tested

4 Likes

This would be VERY useful for UI related extensions. This is make work so much easier and fun to do so.

3 Likes

I will be glad if MIT could add it in next release :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I also agree with you @Know_About_IT :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please stop tagging MIT folks in your posts. Once in the OP was sufficient.

3 Likes

:thinking:
ok, done

2 Likes

Also see here:

3 Likes

Hmm but, it is still not implemented :pensive: I agree managing such a great builder is hard, lets wait for the staff to respond

2 Likes

The milestone is set for n187 which is due very soon.

4 Likes

That would be awesome!

1 Like

May I know when ? :sweat_smile: I saw many aixs to be possible to make after this milestone

2 Likes

It was supposed to be July 12th, but MIT are still ironing out some issues with the new File component. Soon, is the best we are going to get at the moment...

3 Likes

Hmm, :grin: Thanks for telling, I am happy now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Does RUSH not allow adding aar libraries?

3 Likes

Even if it allows, it just extract classes.jar from the .aar currently no soltuion for the .aar xml and assets issues

3 Likes

Adding aar to extension is possible but using an extension having aar is not possible.
Maybe soon it will be possible.

4 Likes

i also think this should be added

3 Likes

Yes .aar Files Support Should be added I made a Extension for payment but due to this issue it is crashing

3 Likes