Is tinyDB safe enough to save my membership and other details?

Hi All,

Is TinyDB safe enough to keep your lists such as membership, email passwords and others. Some of us have different e-mails on different groups and membership, etc.

Thanks,
Ragna

How will other users access your tinydb data ? or do you mean tinywebDB ?

Hi @TIMAI2,
Thanks for the time answering my question. This is for personal use only like your own eNotebook where you can put your own Private and Personal keys.

Thanks,
Ragna

Hello Ragna

To prevent someone accessing the data via your App, set a password. If the phone falls into the wrong hands and is hacked, TinyDb content could be exposed without App Access (only experts can do that, Android is well designed for security) - so if it’s critical info, you could encrypt the data on save, decrypt on read.

You should also back up the data to another device for safekeeping.

@ChrisWard,
Thanks for your opinion and it gave me the push to make one, as personally we have different accounts to maintain, I am testing if i can be a developer and this is what I encountered, too many things to remember :rofl: :rofl:, github, google play, personal emails, work email and the list will go on.

To prevent someone accessing the data via your App, set a password. If the phone falls into the wrong hands and is hacked, TinyDb content could be exposed without App Access (only experts can do that, Android is well designed for security) - so if it’s critical info, you could encrypt the data on save, decrypt on read.

Those points are very well considered, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Ragna

@TIMAI2,
So it is confirmed that it is safe, that is definitely a must . Again thank you guys for the help.

Regards,

Ragna

Check this

@Mert_Dogan,
Thanks will try that on other purpose but this is for offline App, my only concern now is can other App that had been installed and that also using TinyDB. But I think encrypting it before saving and decrypt it for viewing with password is enough?

Regards,

Ragna

Ups … sory, you ask for tinyDB not for tinyWebDB :slight_smile:

Yes you can use tinyDB with encrytion.Dont wory about security.If someone(expert) want hack your app,he can do it but its not easy.So dont wory about it

1 Like