Is there any way through which we can copy screens or delete screen 1

Is there any way through which we can copy screens or delete screen 1

See below posts

or another way is

• Download the AIA
  • Open the AIA with a WinRar or any other software
  • Nativate to \src\appinventor\ai_email\app\
  • Remove Screen1.scm and Screen1.bky
  • Copy Screen2.scm and Screen2.bky to Screen1.scm and Screen1.bky then open the new Screen1.scm and Screen1.bky files using notepad or your favorite text editor and replace all occurences of Screen2 with Screen1
  • Save the new AIA
  • Upload the AIA to MIT App Inventor
  • Done

Finally, I advise you to backup you aia before attempting any changes

@dora_paz
thank you very much .. i will surely look for it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Neelam

Instead of multiple Screens, which have been causing issues in your App, have you considered using Virtual Screens instead?

Screen1 is the ‘real’ Screen and device-sized Vertical Arrangements on it are displayed/hidden as required - they are the Virtual screens. Any settings made for Screen 1 apply to the Virtual screens too!.

hello @ChrisWard
i know this & i tried doing but its a bit complex.. as u have read my other post too you know that im facing problem in switching screens & i think there is a problem in screen 1 so i just wanted to replace/ delete it to know if i am right or not.. if im then that would be really great as well as time saving to me

Neelam

less haste more speed!

I think it is very unlikely that deleting your original Screen 1 is going to help you. It seems that one of your issues is switching screens correctly. Virtual Screens dispense with this problem and at the same time improve the response of your APP somewhat.

Are you getting an adequate amount of sleep? You won't make progress with a fuzzy head.

Neelam

Do you still have this block in your code?
Snap5

Instead of having a screen for each subject, you could easily use a single screen and populate it according to the selection from the spinner. That would cure 95% of the screen switch issues.

thank you loads @ChrisWard

i have made my app with virtual screen (not built yet) but the problem is of the background image... can't it be fixed?? like if im scrolling the screen the background image of the vertical arrangement is also moving & i don't want that
thanks

grafik

1 Like

thanks Anke :relaxed:

grafik

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.