Is there a way to change the screen brightness?

ok, so the extension is working fine

well, your app without the settings extension obviously does not work...
why do you think, I spent time to create the extension if we could have the result without it?

Taifun

i have been using another extention, a free one that i found here on mit, but sadly it wont work

Did you try this extension which changes the brightness of the current window only....

hmmm, just tested not working for me here...perhaps needs to be compiled?

well, probably it would help others to tell us, which extension does not work...
what about providing a link to the not working extension, so the extension developer can help?
Taifun

here

When all else fails; use an intent

brightnessIntent

This ActivityStarter example brings up the system Settings Display on an Android 8.1. You can set brightness from there manually if it helps. There is a sub setting for Auto brightness. When set, my screen brightness adjusts automatically based on the current lighting conditions

How do i get the ActivityStarter blocks? i cant seem to find them, or...im just blind xd

Palette

I tried on my device, and nothing happened, i placed a OnScreen1 Initialize, do Activity Starter Action

(wait,nvm i forgot the start activity block, let me check)

The app that im trying to do is, im using the light sensor to change the brightness, just to mess around with it a bit, thats why im using that brightness extention, but thanks, it sure goes to the display settings, but that wasnt what i was looking for, which was changing the brightness by the light sensor value

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.