Is it possible to slowly fade the paint color of a ball from a color to another one?

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great day. So, I'm making an application, and I'm making a kind of background for a screen, in said background there's a ball and I want that ball to slowly blend from one color to another color. Like an animation or something. But I have no idea how to achieve this. Is it possible? If so, how? Or do I need an extension of some kind? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I think you need to create images with different colors of the ball. Put them in a list, then use the timer to replace the background images.

1 Like

I think you need an extension for that

Quick solution, use two balls, one on top of the other. Using a clock timer slowly change the opacity of the top ball, whilst also changing the opacity, in the other direction, of the lower ball.

[EDIT] sorry, no opacity property for a ball sprite. You would need to change its colour gradually.

Do you know an extension like that?

I tried this, but it's not that smooth, and it looks a bit weird, but if there's no way to do it smoothly, then I guess I'll have to do it this way. Thanks for replying!

Alright, I tried to do this, but it's extremely inefficient and it doesn't even change the ball color. It also makes the app run slow, I think this is because the timer interval is very small, so, what can I do to improve it? Or is there another way?

Sorry, I'm starting to develop in this platform and I don't understand some things.

I'm actually doing it with the "DrawCircle" block thing on the canvas, I think that's better for a background than the ball and it's easier to change its color. But I still have no clue on how to change the color of the brush gradually. I'll try a few things and see...

Try this

FadeBalls.aia (2.7 KB)

Wow this actually worked! Thank you so much! And thank you to everyone for replying. Have a great week!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.