Is anyone working on a ChatGPT/MIT-AI plugin?

ChatGPT now allows plugins, and and there are several useful ones, frequently focusing on graphics (which ChatGPT can't do by itself).

For example, there is a Scratch plugin, and I used it to generate Scratch code for a simple Hangman game. (See image attached).

So, I wondered if anyone is working on a similar plugin for MIT App Inventor (waaay above my ability, I'm afraid).

Regards

2 Likes

Is the generated code actually usable in Scratch? If it's just an image I would imagine it's less useful.

We have been developing Aptly, which is essentially what it sounds like you're looking for. It is a version of App Inventor with the ability to create and edit apps using ChatGPT as a backend, similar to tools like GitHub Copilot. It also has limited capability via DALL-E 2 to create image content for your apps. However, it's still in the research phase and only open to a handful of folks outside of MIT at this time.

2 Likes

> Is the generated code actually usable in Scratch? If it's just an image I would imagine it's less useful.

No, being block-based in the same way as MIT-AI, it's an image, so you can't simply import or copy-and-paste (as you would with something like Python).

>We have been developing Aptly, ..... However, it's still in the research phase and only open to a handful of folks outside of MIT at this time.

Well, that certainly sounds interesting.

Thanks for your reply.