Invoke: unable to invoke method `GetValue1 in object of type boolean. Irritants: ()

Another app we have been running on Android tablet from Amazon without error gives a run time error when I run on my iPhone.

Connect / AI Companion
Snap bar code
App starts
Navigate to a second screen
Error appears on Mac host

Macbook Pro, OS X 10.15.7
iPhone 12, iOS 14.4

I'm willing to share this app with someone to help troubleshooting. Also willing to gather more data if you instruct me on what you need.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.04.31 PM

Does the project use extensions? Typically this error indicates that a component couldn't be initialized and on iOS the main culprit is when a project includes extensions (extensions are not supported on iOS due to App Store policy). If you want to PM me the project we can take a look and do a deep dive to understand what's happening.

Ah. This app uses the Taifun Tools extension. So that explains the error. A more helpful error would be nice, but I guess this case is closed.

Thanks for the tip.
Jim

I'm new to the MIT app inventor, and I have been using an iPhone to try to connect my phone to a BLE and it gives me the same error. In my case (using an iPhone), how can I establish a connection between the app and the BLE device without using the BLE extension?

BLE isn't supported in the iOS version at this time. We're still discussing the best course of action on this, but my guess is that we will probably move the BLE extension into the core App Inventor components in order to support BLE on both platforms without the need for an extension.

@ewpatton In the core App Inventor components I only see STD Bluetooth. Is there an ETA to move BLE into the core components? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, Anything new with this? We are an Arduino based high school program and until we can use app inventor on iOS devices to control BLE devices (HM-10 etc.) we can't incorporate this amazing app.

We have over 2,000 students in the program and this would be a great addition!

Thank you!