Internal error occured, When I try reopening my project, it always happens

I've gotten myself into a pickle while working on a project. I'm using chrome, the technical data is:
foundIn = nb186a
faultData = com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: (TypeError) : Cannot read property '-1' of undefined.
I already tried searching for the same error in the forum, but, using autoload=false or code at app inventor didn't help. Also, I tried checking the file and I couldn't find anything wrong.
If someone could help, I would be grateful.

Instead of producing a description that can't be understood anyway, include your .aia file here.

1 Like

Upload it here so we can check it.

1 Like

Alright, here it is:
AIAfileOfMyProject.aia (1.1 MB)

A large number of Image components in screen2 cause an error? After removing a few, no error. It is possible that the size of the images should be reduced.

1 Like

Here you go AIAfileOfMyProject1.aia (1.1 MB)

2 Likes

What caused the error?

1 Like

It was an error on Screen2, @Boban has the details ...

1 Like

Thank you so much! But, what was the problem with screen2, though?

This looks like a bug fixed in the .aia file, because in the designer and the blocks everything looks the same.

For some reason Quadrado11 and Quadrado12 did not have position in TableArrangement1 and thereby error, now they do and I've also added a image for you to see them..

3 Likes

I also wanted to enlarge the screen in the designer, but for me it looks like this after zooming in and still nothing was visible.

1 Like

I can see it in tablet mode as well

Edit: I'm using Firefox...

1 Like

There may be a problem here. Because I Chrome ...

1 Like

We often see issues with the Table Arrangement Component - safer to use rows of horizontal arrangements instead I think - the problems do not stop at the Designer, we have seen issues in the built App too. I thought it had been agreed to remove the Table Component from AI2.......

3 Likes

I have used the table maybe once. Unfortunately, it does not work as expected. I also prefer to use several horizontal layouts. But I think an alternative to the table could be invented. For example, combining several horizontal layouts so that after entering the number of lines, the horizontal layouts will be added automatically.

1 Like

That might actually be part of the forthcoming round of improvements which include lots of good things. It all depends on the purpose of the table. If it is a static source of information, it's hard to beat an HTML table.

1 Like

There are also various table extensions. After talking to the developer of the extension, I think he would have agreed to deploy it to appinventor. There are many options.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.