Image Picker selection -- file not found

I would like to pick an image from the Gallery and then use the selected filename and path as input to other blocks. In the following blocks, I can pick an image and display the selection in an image container but if I try to verify the existence of the path and filename with the method File Exists, it returns false. I have tried all scope possibilities with the same results. Can anyone help?
blocks(1)

use Do it to debug your blocks and show us the value of the global variable SelectedImage, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thank you for the recommended tutorials. I am already quite familiar with them.
I ran "Do It" and got the results shown below. Do It indicates the filename and path that image picker returned but "file exists" returns false.
As I had indicated, I tried all of the scope options to no avail. Is "file exists" expecting a different path sequence?

you can use taifun file extension

If something is not working, you can try different directory types. .

a relative directory, i e remove /storage/emulated/0
a full directory, wich starts with file:///storage/emulated/0/...

EDIT: Also because the image is copied to the ASD, you can use FileScope App and use a relative path starting from the ASD, which starts with /Pictures/...

Taifun

On Android 10+