Image optimizer : Optimize images and reduce it's size

That's not an issue. There is nothing to fix.

2 Likes

Sorry but the is the quality of output

Yes, but we can just add it in the output name?

1 Like

It's perfectly fine. I just wanted to know how the compression is done.

2 Likes

Yes ? I believe is the answer.....

1 Like

Yes, also because if I update my extension for the thing, I'll need to update it everywhere and the documentation.

Please dont take it badly.

1 Like

Wow, 7 likes in just 4 hours! Thanks all!

Wow, Great Extension @KUMARASWAMY_B.G
:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

1derfull x10sion
:star_struck:

1 Like

Great work ! :grinning:

Are you aware that a very similar extension already exists:

4 Likes

When I use it to compress a photo just taken in the "after taking photo" block, it apparently can't find the photo with the error: Open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory).

But when I use it to compress gallery files, it does work.

That is not the problem of the extension, you need to specify a valid path.

So, how would I go about compressing a photo just taken? I have tried it in various ways, could you help me? This is the block I'm working with, and I'm using the same output as the example, "/storage/emulated/0/compressed.jpg".

What is the issue you are facing?

When I take a photo and then try to compress it with the extension and then save it in Firebase, the error shown in the image appears, I clarify that I do not use the emulator, but rather install the .apk on a smartphone.
But, when I use the image selector it does work properly.

Try removing the file:/.

very soon after App Inventor targets SDK30 you will not be able to access the root directory of the device anymore...
@KUMARASWAMY_B.G the extension should store the optimized image in the ASD...

Taifun

1 Like

I'm using defaultValue: /storage/emulated/0/compressed.png but with the .jpg at the end, something like that /storage/emulated/0/compressed.jpg
and the permissions are fine, i didn't add them, but the system asks me to authorize memory access.

I solved it, apparently the extension works with a path without file://, and the camera block returns a path like: file:///storage ..., so you just have to remove that from the path, and ready.
Thank you very much for enlisting my help guys, I appreciate it very much.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Image Optimizer Extension and Kodular issue